Eaton Cybersecure Gigabit NETWORK-M2 Card for UPS and PDU, UL 2900-1 and IEC 62443-4-2 Certified
Part Number: NETWORK-M2 New
Improves power system reliability by warning IT administrators of pending issues and helping to perform safe shutdowns of servers and storage.
- Meets stringent UL 2900-1 and IEC 62443-4-2 cybersecurity standards
- Enhancements include strong encryption and configurable password policy
- Fast 1 Gbps speeds compatible with widely deployed Gigabit network switches
- Enables remote UPS and PDU management by turning them into managed devices
- Compatible with optional EMPDT1H1C2 environmental monitoring module
- 2-year limited warranty
UPS Connectivity Device Certified to Strict UL Cybersecurity Standards
The NETWORK-M2 Gigabit Network M2 card meets both UL 2900-1 and IEC 62443-4-2 cybersecurity standards, empowering IT professionals with superior Gigabit speed, capabilities and features, while ensuring the highest level of defense against emerging cybersecurity threats. Security enhancements include strong encryption, configurable password policy and usage of CA and PKI signed certificates. This network interface is recommended for use with better performing, cost-effective and widely deployed Gigabit network switches.
Compatible with Eaton Intelligent Power Manager
NETWORK-M2 works with IPM v1.61 and higher to improve business continuity by triggering policies configured to keep mission-critical applications running in case of power or environmental anomalies, including virtual machine relocation or automated disaster recovery action.
Enables Remote UPS and PDU Management
NETWORK-M2 turns a compatible UPS system or PDU into a managed device on your network. It enables remote management of a UPS through load shedding and safe shutdowns and reboots protected devices attached to load segments. It monitors site electrical data, UPS self-test logs, alert logs and logged power events like blackouts, brownouts and overvoltage conditions. You can receive alert notifications via email or SMS. Real-time clock links to a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server to maintain current day and date even after a UPS shutdown.
Supports Multiple Protocols
This network interface provides versatile support through IPv4, IPv6, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, SNMPv1, SNMPv3, SMTP/SMTPS, SSL and SSH. It also supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers. DHCP/Manual configuration support enables automatic or manual assignment of network settings.
Optional Sensor Monitors Environmental Conditions
The EMPDT1H1C2 Environmental Monitoring Probe (EMP) Gen 2 (sold separately) provides remote temperature and humidity monitoring, as well as a dry contact interface to monitor alarm, security and telecom devices. You can daisy-chain up to three EMPDT1H1C2 probes to a host, allowing multiple sensor connection. The probe is compatible with NETWORK-M2 and Eaton rack PDUs, including G3 (firmware 4.x or later), G3HD and G3+ models.
Eaton UPS system or PDU with compatible accessory slot, including 5P, 5PX, 9130, 9PX, 9PXM, 9SX, ATS rack PDU (EATS115, EATS120, EATS220)
- Gigabit Network M2 Card
- USB configuration cable, 5 ft. (1.5 m)
- User’s Guide
|Voltage Compatibility (VDC)||5V - 12V|
|Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.)||1.650 x 5.190 x 2.590|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Operating Humidity Range||90% RH max. without condensation|
|Network Compatibility||1 Gbps (Gigabit)|
|Protocol Support||HTTPS, TLS 1.2, SNMPv1, SNMPv3, NTP, TFTP, SMTP, SMTPS, BOOTP, DHCP, SLAAC, SSH, MQTTS|
STANDARDS & COMPLIANCE
|Product Certifications||IEC 62443-4-2; UL 2900-1|
|Product Compliance||CE (Europe); RoHS3|
WARRANTY & SUPPORT
|Product Warranty Period (U.S. & Canada)||2-year limited warranty|
Questions & Answers
- Latest encryption algorithms with strong keys
- Only secure protocols enabled by default
- Firmware is signed and encrypted, and will not boot if tampered with
- Requires change of password on setup
- Configurable requirements for password complexity
- Certificate based authentication in machine to machine connections – no username/password information saved on the client machine, separate certificates for each protocol
Performance and design
- Only necessary services enabled by default
- File system is signed and checked at runtime
- Secure SMTP for email sending, with optional authentication
Yes, a UPS can be linked to other systems with the network card, thereby creating a system that can be used to save costs or provide additional functionality. Also, computers can be rebooted remotely with load segment controls or automatically.
Documents & Downloads
Declarations of Conformity
Useful Web Pages